Google pays me; on your clicks below!!

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Off-Work & On-Fun back Home :)

Hi to all of my very dear blog-pals!! Hmmm...Glad 2 know that a lot of activity has been going on in this very beautiful world of ours :) I'd been away last week - in fact had gone home to Chennai(Yup....My city!! Thatz where I was born n brought up - though am a North Indian hailing from Rajasthan) for a much needed break :)

So I'll dedicate the space in this post to my 'Mother City' - 'Chennai'.
Well talking about mother.....I was feeling so home-sick off late, that going back home n having the pleasure of eating that heavenly 'Maa ke haath kaa khaana' (Food cooked by my mother) was nothing less than a divine feeling. After having inculcated the 'choiceless-habit' of having the breakfast n lunch @ Office, that was what I was longing for from a long time....My Mother is the best cook in the world.....and yes I know many out there would share the same sentiment about their Mothers.....indeed, afterall who else than a Mother would know best, as to what her child likes most.

Chennai.....the heart n gateway of South India is the 'Home of MS'.....hey jus kidding!!!! :)
Chennai is truly a city, popular n famous for its heritage n culture. And being a metro, is also a very important business n commercial hub, now even more after being amongst the top 3 patrons of our booming IT industry. Though the most 'complained about creature' against this city, is its 'Torrid Weather'....yeah I do agree, it getz really sultry n hot out there, but still thatz the way it is N we still love it for what it is!! :)


Well...this time round, did not go around the city much except for the 'Ever-Long' stretch of Marina and the Spencer Plaza , rather took comfort staying @ home n spending time with my family n relatives. Had also been to the offices of my corporate in chennai n met my 'College buddies turned colleagues' and other friends......N in course of doing all this had loads n loads of FUN interspersed!! Well...I guess thatz enough of what I did @ my home town......now 2 all of U who've NEVER been to this wonderful city, but plan 2 do so in the near future, I'll put on the 'Cap of a Guide' :) for some time n suggest you a few important places worth visiting in the city....



First on the chart is the scenic Marina beach. A beautiful stretch where the 'Dancing waves of the sea' going up n down, talk to the 'layer of the sand-clad land'. And on a sunday, you would ideally feel as if the whole of chennai crowd has converged @ this natural beauty!!


Spencer plaza is located in the heart of the city on Anna Salai(popularly known as Mount Road). Itz one of the largest n best shopping malls of the city, which can be placed in the same grade as the 'Hyderabad Central' out here, but provides a lot more of variety while shopping :). Though I must admit, Spencers is more often than not thronged (for most part of a week) by the College crowd who come-in to hang around n have fun, more likely window-shopping, than actual shopping....agree V to used to do the same when in college :)


Kapaleeshwara Temple is a standing testimonial of the rich culture n heritage of the city and itz classical Dravidian spirit. It is perhaps the oldest temple of south India, famous for its impressive gopurams, mandapams and a tank typical of the temple structures of Tamil Nadu. The temple also displays beautifully inscribed scriptures of the past.


Satyam Cinemas is the place to be in chennai, if you are a week-end movie buff. Itz the best in class n screens movies of all genre in English, Hindi N Tamil . Again to give an idea, can be compared to be in the same grade as the 'Prasadz' group out here in Hyderabad, though not so grandeur n diverse in its offerings as Prasadz Imax. In fact Satyam cinemas, after being the first to introduce the concept of Multiplex in the city, could now well be the first to introduce the IMAX concept too!!


While the above spots are located in the heart of the city, if you wanna have a day's outing of fun during the weekend with the family n friends, away from the hustle n bustle of the city - Kishkinta is the place 4 U to be @.....And as they say, itz truly "the favourite fun destination for kids from six to sixty". Itz a culmination of various attractions, water games and rides, and thatz what makes it India's No. 1 Theme Park. The major crowd-puller though is the Kuttralam waterfall, which is surprisingly a 63 feet high, man-made wonder!!

Though there r many other places of interest, the above mentioned ones are my personal favourites :) Hmmm...so that was a little info about my 'Mother city' from her son!! :) Hope you people do visit these landmarks whenever you have the opportunity to visit the 'Gateway of South India'.......

8 Comments:

At Sun Jan 22, 03:19:00 PM 2006, Blogger Keshi said...

Beautiful Pics wow! I'd love to visit Chennai some day...sounds like a real enchanting place to visit.

Mum's food is always the ONLY best food ard ha...I agree :)


Keshi.

 
At Mon Jan 23, 11:12:00 AM 2006, Blogger Manish Kumar said...

I have visited chennai once & that was last year. I loved Merina beach!
The huge stretch of sand from road to the sea makes this beach unique.

As for other places i didn't have time to visit them as i was on my way to neyveli may be next time i will chk them out :)

 
At Wed Jan 25, 10:13:00 AM 2006, Blogger ArChaNaR said...

Frankly most of my frns said its not a nice place n decided neva to visit. But now looking at the pictures and your description , I really want to visit the place!

Beautiful pics!!
-archana

 
At Thu Jan 26, 06:09:00 AM 2006, Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Welcome back dude!!!

And covered whole of chennai on this post it seems..thanks :)

First on the chart is the scenic Marina beach.
I heard a lot about this beach from colleagues who just moved to chennai...would luv to visit this place sometime in future.

Nice pics and the description provided.

Greetz!!

 
At Thu Jan 26, 08:17:00 AM 2006, Blogger MS said...

@Keshi
Thanks matey!! Yeah there's nothing as good as Mum's food, really.

@ManishJi
Oh that's nice to hear that U'd been there last year....N liked the stretch of Marina.

@Archana
Welcome to my blog buddy!! Had been to your online place - 'WoW' too and liked it!! :)
It was gr8 2 know that I was able to clear a misconception U had abt the city :D

@Arz000n
Hey buddy! Nice 2 C U hear.
Keep the fun continuing yaar...I really like n njoy your posts a lot. Waise Newton ke baad ab kisko bakra banaane waale ho?? :-D

 
At Thu Jan 26, 10:51:00 AM 2006, Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hey ....

thanx for the pics ... i have been to chennai ...

i like chennai except for the heat .... the heat and water caused me to lose a lot of hair :(

 
At Fri Jan 27, 05:43:00 PM 2006, Blogger Dawn said...

WOW...I hv never been there ...but ur post is like another inspiration for me to take a trip :)
thnx so much and I hope you have a great time back home

cheers

 
At Sat Jan 28, 01:51:00 AM 2006, Blogger MS said...

@Deepa,
Hey, I've also said that itz the 'Heat Effect' :) of the city that keeps evryone running 4 cover. And the 'Hairfall Effect' which U've said is also true if you don't take proper precautions :) To avoid that U need to use the Corporation water for head bath and not the Bore water. Hope you follow this guideline next time U r there :D

@Dawn,
Thanks Dawn, yeah I had gr8 fun back home!! Hope you too make a visit to the city, when U come down to India.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home